Episode 45: Contributing to OSS Documentation with Kapunahale Wong
Kapunahale Wong is a developer and doc writer for Angular. We talk wtih her about what goes into writing docs, how can people help out, and tips for evaulating your own project's docs.
Recording date: 2019-07-23
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Kapunahale Wong @Kapunahele
Someone to Follow:
- 03:19 Why do you enjoy documentation?
- 08:49 What goes into writing a doc?
- 10:42 Sponsor: DevIntersection
- 11:51 Including examples and tests of the documentation
- 18:21 What are examples of things you've written?
- 23:27 How can people submit pull requests for docs?
- 27:16 What's worrying you about documentation?
- 31:20 Any advice for people writing docs for their own projects?
- 34:08 How do you evaluate your own docs?
- 36:45 Does documentation have a particular voice?
- 37:49 How do you make sure documentation stays current?
- 41:55 Someone to follow