Kim Maida talks with us about authentication, rolling your own security, SDK for apps on Auth0, Groups vs claims vs scopes, storing tokens on client side, and how short a life should access tokens have?
Recording date: 2019-06-18
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Kim Maida @KimMaida
Someone to follow
- 00:40 Topic & guest introduction
- 03:56 What are some of the issues with rolling your own security?
- 07:18 Where do you start with security?
- 13:57 SDKs for Apps on Auth0
- 20:15 Groups vs Claims vs scopes
- 23:23 Is storing tokens on the client side a bad thing?
- 28:45 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 29:44 You don't know what you don't know
- 34:07 How short should access token life be?
- 40:07 NG Vikings Conference
- 42:25 Someone to follow