Episode 140: WebAssembly and Blazor with Michael Washington
Michael Washington introduces us to Blazor and how it relates to WebAssembly. Why would someone choose Blazor? How do you bring data into Blazor? What is client side vs server side in Blazor? Can you use an API with Blazor? And Michael's advice for how to get started with Blazor.
Recording date: June 3, 2021
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Michael Washington @ADefWebserver
Brought to you by
- 01:56 Guest introduction
- 02:42 What is Blazor?
- 04:15 What is WebAssembly?
- 06:58 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 08:03 Why would someone pick Blazor?
- 12:18 How do I get data into my projects?
- 15:00 What are some of the terms used in Blazor?
- 16:43 What is client side vs server side Blazor?
- 22:56 What is SignalR?
- 25:49 Can you use an API with Blazor?
- 29:08 What about SEO?
- 31:34 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 32:39 How do you get started with Blazor?
- 34:31 What are you doing with Blazor these days?
- 41:25 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.