Episode 154: Theming and Accessibility with Angular Components with Emma Twersky
Emma Twersky talks with us about Angular, the Angular CDK, why she's anti-carousel, the importance of theming and components, what some of the struggles with accessibility are, how to design components for hearing, and suggestions for teams building with accessibility in projects.
Recording date: Sep 16, 2021
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Emma Twersky @Twerske
Brought to you by
- 01:39 Angular (ish)
- 02:46 Guest introduction
- 04:03 What is Angular?
- 05:34 What is the CDK?
- 06:20 Why anti-carousel?
- 10:13 Sponsor: Ionic
- 10:52 The importance of theming and components
- 13:26 What's the biggest struggle with accessibility?
- 16:54 What are core web vitals?
- 21:24 How do you design components for hearing disabilities?
- 28:36 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 29:42 How do teams incorporate accessibility in projects?
- 34:11 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.